Wednesday, June 04, 2014

Questions

Can I find acceptance for
the things that make me ill?
Can I just imagine that
these dreams I have are real?
Can I face injustice knowing
it may never change?
Can I learn to normalize
the things that I find strange?

Will I find a place in this world
full of broken hearts?
Will I end my suffering
and make a brand new start?
Will I make the best of
opportunities I'm given?
Will those who have hurt me find
that they have been forgiven?

Is there anything that I can say
I know for certain?
Is my puppet master hiding
behind a black curtain?
Is my will my own?
Am I controlled
by my own thoughts?
Is there anything I want
to be that I am not?

I have many questions
and I'm searching for the answers.
Doubt can rise and grow inside
like some rare form of cancer.
But it's in the asking that
we find all that we need.
Thinking that we'll ever know
is a foolish thought indeed. 
 

No comments: