Wednesday, June 04, 2014

Prison Walls

the way the light is bent just right
it's shaped just like a coffin
you can chain my hands and feet
but you can't box my thoughts in
righteous indignation is
the crime that I will plead to
and systematic failures are
the veils that I must see through

your testament is ugliness
your hatred unbecoming
you are ignorant of all
the concepts that you're shunning
I am not your little bitch
I don't have to obey you
I am grateful to be free
from that which has enslaved you

prison walls can block the sun
but not the human spirit
they can preach and screech at you
but you don't have to hear it
I may be afraid sometimes
but that is not a weakness
I'll hold colors in my mind
to fight against this bleakness

popularity is not the thing I'm here to find
I just need some time to sort
some shit out in my mind
I will find resolve in being
who I've always been
there is no sword mightier
than this here little pen

this cell has a resonance
that makes my voice feel stronger
still I don't know that I can
take being here much longer
I will make my point
and lay myself down for my cause
for justice has nothing to do
with their misguided laws

 

No comments: