Saturday, February 23, 2013

May Come After

a poet's got to speak the truth
no matter what the cost
dropping words of wisdom
taking back the things we've lost
many of them dying young
because they bare the weight
of being driven to profess
what everyone's afraid to say

living by the word can mean
admitting when you're wrong
and digging way down deep to find
the rhythm of your song
and if you cannot trust yourself
you'd best be turning around
because lying to yourself
resonates within your sound

but don't be turning back
unless you're sure you've given up
maintain your own perspective
never let them shut you up
those who've gone before you
show you that it can be done
the supersonic power
that runs through us makes us strong

now I can't say what may come after
but here and now there's joy and laughter
the past is not a place to dwell
the future nothing but a wishing well
I'm a juju bee in the place to be
the ones I love bring out the good in me
I am exactly who I want to be
intergalactic planitary





(RIP MCA 5/4/12)

No comments: