Saturday, February 23, 2013

Common Ground

you don't know a thing about me
don't go 'round pretending that you do
I might want to know about you
if it weren't for your bad attitude
but I don't know a thing about you
'cause I never walked 'round in your shoes
and you don't know a thing about me
so don't go assuming that you do

just sit down and talk a while
maybe we could find
common ground and a friendly smile
I might just change your mind about me

you don't know a thing about
the places I have been or things I've seen
you don't know how I feel but
I guess that's no surprise 'cause you're not me
I couldn't begin to know what
life inside your skin consisted of
but like you I am worthy of compassion
respect, decency and love

so sit down and talk a while
maybe we could find
common ground and a friendly smile
I might just change your mind


No comments: