Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Truth

I want to see you
don't want to be you
be yourself and I'll be mine

we are all different
nothing's wrong with it
anything else wastes our time

our own perspectives
are so subjective
we find our truth our own way

we start out in wombs
and end up in tombs
why care what others will say

resisting normalcy
it means nothing to me
it bores me this third degree

say what you want to
I'll listen to you
that doesn't mean I'll agree

I'll put it simply
you'll never get me
turn my attention inside

I'm on my own path
your troubles distract me
truth is outnumbered by lies

the notions your selling
seem overwhelming
I can't keep up with their pace

why sell my self short
just to conform
saving, not showing my face

I would prefer if
you'd be mature and
take our nuances as such

show some compassion
it's all I'm asking
why does it feel like too much?

No comments: