Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Green Thumb

I'll say it one more time
the life I live is mine
every other opinion is moot

there's something to be said
for filling up my head
with what they call my silly dreams

I've found a place for me
a culture jamming scene
every imperfection truth

I found all that I need
growing like a seed
I'll nurture it with my green thumb

wait and think before you speak
you're part of the elite
but money can't buy intellect

so low that I can't fall
my gift intangible
but I feel wealthy anyway

my hearts an open book
if you bothered to look
there's a chance that you'd relate

repeat the things I know
like watching flowers grow
I'll nurture them with my green thumb

yeah you know I'm insecure
and cutting words they hurt
I am not impervious

but fear I must deny
and though it lives inside
it's only there to overcome

the circle in my mind
it's spinning all the time
making it so hard to sleep

it's up to me to free
the sound that comes from me
and nurture it with my green thumb

1 comment:

Rodak said...

"my hearts an open book
if you bothered to look
there's a chance that you'd relate"

There's the key to having a bearable and meaningful life (if you don't want to be a hermit.)

Great piece, Jillian.