Friday, November 26, 2004

lost and looking

I didn't know where I was
when I woke from my last dream.
I can barely hold together
what is fraying at the seams.
And I want to find a place to sleep
where chilling winds won't find me.
Where ghosts of memories have no more
power to remind me
where magic in the air will carry
the thoughts born in my head
to warm your lonely body
shivering in it's lonely bed.
And while the pain I'm feeling
calls out for reliefe,
dams show signs of spilling
from the pressure of my grief.
I walk softly in the aftermath,
the ground has turned to mud.
The only thing that's messier
is the status of my love.
And I don't know what I'm doing
or which direction's up.
The words I need to live have drown
in the bottom of my coffee cup.
And I'm looking for the strength to rise
to lead my own resistance.
But when clouds block the light from finding my eyes
I can't even be sure of my own existance.
And I might just up and leave this place.
if I do, don't be surprised.
I'll rest my bones untill my soul
has finally been re-energized.
And when I emerge from the wood work
with something that will blow your mind,
finally you'll realize
we're two of the same kind.
And as our bodies disintigrate
we're approaching our own death,
we'll shake the earth with every step
make wind with every breath.
And we'll find the beauty of our lives
from here until the grave
not in the things that we took from this world,
but in the love and the art that our two hearts gave.

No comments: