Wednesday, April 18, 2012

powder blue

there's a powder blue
little boy inside of you
and I know someday
he'll be coming back
but the man he's become
yeah he's really come undone
focused only on
the things that he lacks
caught inside of loop
of rancid feedback

He's been tied to an anchor
and he's drowning in his anger
over all the things
that seem to go wrong
but when push comes to shove
it's no stronger than our love
or the beauty that we share
in our songs
I might leave him but
I won't be gone long

he's afraid of heights
so afraid that he might
succeed at the things
his father disdains
but he does it despite him
although he could never fight him
he is way more confident
than he seems
as he follows his own heart
to his dreams

there are notes so unwilling
still they flow from his fingers
with fluidity his soul can envy
and while he doesn't believe
in himself as much as me
I have hope someday
that he'll learn to see
that their world is just
imaginary

No comments: