Friday, June 26, 2009

Demolition

I've lived so many lives in just this one
I've seen so many versions of the truth
the stories that I tell are seldom spun
the lines around my eyes they hold the proof

I've heard I love you from a thousand lips
but love was not the reason that they spoke
there were times I wanted to believe
just so I could feel like I had hope

there are many endings and beginings
there are many secrets in the wind
there's an answer if you're asking questions
but truth it doesn't always lie within

I've had so many places I've called home
only just a few things stayed the same
at times I thought I'd never settle down
but I've just grown so tired of playing games

sometimes demolition leads to new growth
sometimes there's destruction and rebirth
feels like I've been waking from a nightmare
feels like I've discovered what I'm worth

there will always be those who will tell me
nothing that I ever do is right
there are times when hatred's overwhelming
but love is what will keep us warm at night

there's a peace that I am growing into
there is comfort in my lover's bed
there are flowers growing in our garden
there are ideas growing in our heads

3 comments:

~syd said...

So beautiful. So true. I am so happy seeing you happy.

Jillian said...

This one is a song.

~syd said...

That's what I'd hoped you would say.