Saturday, March 18, 2006

rainbows

the folk singers sing about butterflies
and traveling places by train
rainbows and sunshine and stars in the sky
and how we're all one and the same
but under my clothing my body is bruised
behind all my silence is fear
and though it may seem we're together in this
things are not what they appear
and I'm growing weary of holding it in
but I can not sing to a crowd
the things that I am most needing to say
are things I could not say outloud
'cause I'm being chased and persued by a demon
no matter how far I can go I can't leave him
and he is a shadow that keeps me from sunshine
looming above me creating these dark times
but I'm growing wings so that I can fly
leaving him down on the earth
and take all the lessons that I've learned from him
for whatever it is that they're worth

No comments: