Sunday, January 08, 2006

state of mind (one)

In a dream our darkest fears
In a sense it all seems senseless
In a wall a door appears

Take my time and lead me somewhere
Take my flesh and have your way
Take my burdens to the ether
Take the words that I can’t say

Wait for me till I come back here
Wait till night dawns into day
Wait beside the flowing river
Wait till time has passed away

Give me strength through tenderness
Give me grace in freedom
Give me songs of dreams to sing
Give me eyes to see them

Closer than a mothers nurture
Closer than the touch of skin
Closer to the source of magic
That you’re known to keep within

I have seen behind your eyes now
I have folded on my knees
I have come to you in kindness
I’m the answer to your pleas

You were brought to me by shadows

In our worlds we move as time does
In and out and changing pace
In the end we’re only atoms
On a trip through time and space

So let us be what we admire
Letting things be what they will
Let your body take its rest now
Let your mind be soft and still

No comments: