Friday, April 15, 2005

peeling

this separation feels like peeling
as you pull yourself away
and for all the time that I've spent healing
emptiness still found a way
and now my mind is reeling
and I'm trying to make my way
and everything is closing in
as I wake to greet the day

I dreamed I had a ball of light
that I was meant to give you
the moment you slipped off into the night
I wasn't sure I'd live through
so I sat upon the desert floor
and I cupped it in my hands
and as the glow slowly died
I just tucked it inside
and surrendered to the darkness
that had blanketed the land

and I wish that you could help me see
because I still don't understand
why I can't be the woman who
can soften the heart of this hardened man
so I'll be a friend of silence
until I hear your voice again
because all the pain of loving you
is worth it in the end

No comments: