Friday, March 18, 2005

January

January stole the lives
of so many men I've loved
you're waiting for the girl who'll yank
your heart out from above
and I'm waiting in your shadow
and I'm drowning in my love
searching for the air to breathe
knowing that you're bound to leave
uncertain what to do with what I have

So what does happy mean to you?
is it something that you fear?
What would you do if you found out
that happiness awaits you here?
Would you push it away
and crawl back in the cave
hat shelters you from harm?
Do you think that I could coax you out
with my twisted kind of charm?
It's nothing if not genuine
there's no need for alarm

and baby I could hold you till
your nightmares go away
and wake to give you what you need
to make it through your day
I'm not trying to control you
I only wish to know you
and to love you in my very special way

So I'm trying to stay strong
but it's hard to play along
with games whose rules I always seem to break
so I try to hold it in
but it's giving me the spins
eyes grow dark while my body starts to shake
and it really brings no comfort
that there's others in this world
none of them will ever get
this crazy little girl
but still I walk with confidence
because I know it's true
that underneath your thickest skin
you love me as much as I love you

No comments: