Tuesday, November 30, 2004

the things I couldn't say

You've given up on things
that I still need to believe in
You've relinqueshed all your power
let apathy creep on in
No longer charmed by magic
your brilliance has grown tired
I wish I could have known you
when you were still inspired
Sometimes I see it in your eyes
then you drown it with a drink
and close your mind to new ideas
that hurt too much to think
You closed your heart off to a love
that would have proven true
when all she ever wanted
was to bring life back to you.
You're beautiful... and lost it seems
still claiming to be found
I'm trying to call out to you
but my breath can't form the sound
You said that you were feeling bad
and when I asked you why
you said it's because I sounded so sad
It's your hopelessness that makes me cry
'Cause you talk so big about things you would do
if your head found the right space
while you shelter yourself from the things that move you
and exhaust yourself by running in place
So you'll "do the right thing," and settle on in
to a life devoid of passion
but if you ever change your mind
I hope you'll find me once again
'Cause I think that we could break the rules
that feel wrong to obey
and turn the things we really feel
into the words we say
For now I have to let you go
I only wished to love you
Please know that it's already so
and that I'm thinking of you.

No comments: